Another 40K+ Vaccines Administered In Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Friday reported 422 people have tested positive for COVID-19, and six more have died.
Four of those six people died before March 1, according to health officials.
An additional 40,049 vaccines have been administered.
There are 138 people currently hospitalized with the virus.
This article is being updated. For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reports 2,400,410 people have been tested – 5,761 more than yesterday. Of those, 386,550 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19, which is an increase of 422 new cases.
The rolling 7-day average for positive tests is 407 per day.
The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” is 6.9%. The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” is 3.4%.
Currently, 138 people are hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 46 of those people are in intensive care units.
Utah’s ICUs are 63.7% full. The ICU beds in Utah’s referral centers are 66.7% full.
Six more individuals have lost their lives because of COVID-19. Four of those people died before March 1, authorities said.
To date, the virus has killed 2,131 of the state’s residents.
The following Utahns’ deaths were reported Friday:
- Female, between 65-84, Davis County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized
- Female, between 65-84, Millard County resident, hospitalized
- Male, older than 85, Weber County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Female, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized
- Female, older than 85, Utah County resident, long-term care facility resident
The state has administered 1,450,263 vaccines in total, which is an increase of 40,049 over Thursday’s numbers.
So far, 948,468 people have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and 541,293 Utahns have been fully immunized.
There have been 1,691,460 vaccines delivered to Utah.
For information on scheduling a vaccine, visit coronavirus.utah.gov/vaccine-distribution.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)