Man Struck In Midvale Hit-&-Run Crash Dies; Suspect Facing Felony Charges
MIDVALE, Utah – A 67-year-old man who was struck in a Midvale crosswalk on March 23 has died, according to officials with the Unified Police Department.
Police on Friday identified the victim as Craig Alan Waggoner.
Waggoner was crossing the intersection of 900 East and 7200 South late last month when he was hit by a vehicle.
He suffered serious head injuries and was hospitalized in critical condition.
Police said a witness said he saw the suspect, who was identified as 47-year-old Daniel Wilkinson, get out of his vehicle, check on Waggoner in the road and then get back in his car and drive off.
“So he knew what he had done, he knew there was someone who was very seriously injured (and) chose to get back in his vehicle and drive away,” UPD Sgt. Melody Cutler said.
Wilkinson was arrested two days after the crash.
Authorities said Wilkinson is now facing charges of leaving the scene of an accident involving death and obstructing justice, both third-degree felonies; driving on a denied license, a class C misdemeanor; and failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk, an infraction.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)