Red Hills Parkway In St. George Reopens Following Heavy Police Activity
ST. GEORGE, Utah – There was heavy police presence in St. George for approximately three hours after an individual threatened to harm himself, authorities said.
According to the St. George Police Department, the incident happened on Red Hills Parkway near 400 East.
Officials closed the parkway from 1000 East to 200 East while the situation unfolded. Police said traffic would be impacted and drivers should stay away from the area.
After a few hours, “negotiators successfully arranged for the subject to relinquish his firearm” and he was placed under medical care, according to a tweet from St. George Police.
Red Hills Parkway reopened to traffic just before 5 p.m.
Negotiators successfully arranged for the subject to relinquish his firearm and he is now under medical care.
Red Hills Parkway is now open and traffic can resume as normal. Thanks to County Deputies, DSU Police, and reps from Southwest Mental Health for your assistance.
— St George Police (@sgcitypubsafety) April 4, 2021
Additional details about the incident were not immediately available.
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 12861)
- Ian Alexander Jr., only child of Regina King, dies at age 26 (pageviews: 9389)
- Don't approach lab monkey missing after crash, people told (pageviews: 8361)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6500)
- Salt Lake County man arrested for allegedly abusing grandson (pageviews: 5640)
- Sledder injured during safety event at Tibble Fork Reservoir (pageviews: 3980)
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 3929)
- Herriman family saved from house fire by off-duty firefighter, his wife (pageviews: 3174)
- Inmate worker at large after walking out of Utah County Jail (pageviews: 2824)