Red Flag Warning Issued As Crews Battle Little Pass Fire
TOOELE, Utah – A red flag warning has been issued for large parts of Utah just five days into April as firefighters continued to battle the Little Pass Fire in Tooele County, which has burned an estimated 1,500 acres.
No cause has been released for the fire, but investigators believe it was caused by humans.
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) April 5, 2021
It was 70% contained and not threatening any structures as of Sunday night.
Utah had a record-breaking fire season last year, and officials said it’s rare to see them so early.
Crews responded to the East Myton Complex Fire in Duchesne County late last month and said it could be the start of a difficult fire season.
Since most wildfire hotshot crews aren’t on duty just yet, the Utah National Guard was called in to help fight the fire.
Most of eastern Utah is under a red flag warning through Monday night while parts of southwestern Utah will see a red flag warning that begins at noon Monday.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)