Utah Opening Registration For Lawnmower Exchange Program On Monday
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Registration for the state’s 2021 lawnmower exchange program, which gives a rebate of up to $300 when residents recycle a gas mower and purchase an electric one, opens Monday at noon.
The rebates are available from the state’s CARROT Program, which was enacted by the Utah Legislature in 2014 to help the Utah Department of Environment Quality “in carrying out its mission to protect public health and the environment from the harmful effects of air pollution from mobile sources.”
🚨 HAPPENING TODAY!!! 🚨
The State of Utah Lawn Mower Exchange is just hours away!!! pic.twitter.com/ftcPvjGUsJ
— Davis County Health (@DavisCountyHlth) April 5, 2021
The first 2,500 residents — who meet program requirements — to register for the program can receive a rebate of up $300 if they recycle a gas-powered lawnmower and purchase an electric one or up to $150 for the purchase of any electric mower.
- Must be 18 years or older to participate
- Only one rebate will be issued per household
- Value of rebate will not exceed value of electric mower
- Taxes and fees not included in rebate
- Receipts must not predate 2/25/21
- All participants must live in areas that regularly experience poor air quality as determined by the Environmental Protection Agency. Qualifying counties in Utah:
- Davis County
- Salt Lake County
– Salt Lake City residents can get complimentary curbside mower collection. Details during registration.
- Tooele County
- Utah County
- Weber County
Over 2,000 lawnmowers and trimmers were exchanged through the program in 2019.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)