dōTERRA Recalling 1.3M Bottles Of Deep Blue Due To Packaging
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah – dōTERRA announced it is recalling 1.3 million bottles of Deep Blue, PastTense and Deep Blue Touch after the products failed to meet child-resistant packaging requirements.
“These products contain the substance methyl salicylate which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (“PPPA”). While the roller bottle is designed to dispense a very small amount of the product, the cap is not child resistant; therefore, the products pose a risk of poisoning if the contents are applied to the skin in large amounts or swallowed by young children. Consumers should immediately store the products in a safe location out of reach of children until the products can be safely destroyed.”
The impacted products include:
- dōTERRA Deep Blue in a 10 mL glass bottle with a rollerball applicator and black cap;
- dōTERRA PastTense in a 10 mL glass bottle with a rollerball applicator and black cap; and
- dōTERRA Deep Blue Touch in a 10 mL glass bottle with a rollerball applicator and black cap
Authorities said consumers should immediately store the products in a safe location out of reach of children and contact dōTERRA for a free replacement product of similar value. dōTERRA is also contacting all known purchasers directly.
dōTERRA said to participate in the recall, consumers should confirm their product is one of those involved in the recall and then contact dōTERRA in one of the following ways:
- Toll-free at 800-411-8151, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. MT and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. MT;
- Live chat Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. MT;
- Email at email@example.com.
“To receive a replacement product, you will need to provide a photograph of your unused product and documentation that you own the product, such as by including yourself in the photo or by including an ID number written on a piece of paper in the photo,” officials said.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)