Crashes Cause Commute Headaches Across Northern Utah
FARR WEST, Utah – All southbound Interstate 15 lanes were closed in Weber County after multiple crashes were reported in the area, and crashes in Parleys Canyon caused heavy delays in both directions Tuesday.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said troopers responded to five crashes near milepost 352 in northern Weber County and one person was injured.
Officials with the National Weather Service said a band of lake-enhanced snow moved across the area shortly before the crashes.
Slick roads were reported across the Wasatch Front after rain and light snow swept across the area Tuesday.
⚠️Parleys Canyon is a mess!⚠️
Worst I’ve seen it in a long time. East lane closures for a crash near Lamb Canyon.
Give yourself a lot of extra time if you need to head this way. It was estimated to be cleared by now but delays are continuing. pic.twitter.com/6PUUIeXeM9
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) April 6, 2021
Traction laws were also in effect for both Big and Little Cottonwood canyons while semi-trucks were required to use traction devices along I-80 in Parleys Canyon.
#RoadUpdate Road slush/light road ❄️ in the upper canyons. 🚨❄️ Additional 1-2" of slushy accumulation possible. Any slush up threats in upper should taper off by 10am as roads trend wet. Showers expected to end by afternoon, w/ no significant road weather concerns for Tues PM. pic.twitter.com/zbnv8qRHr3
— UDOT Cottonwood Canyons (@UDOTcottonwoods) April 6, 2021
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)