Consulate Of Mexico Requires Face Masks After Utah Mandate Ends
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Consulate of Mexico in Salt Lake City said that it will continue to require face coverings even after the statewide mask mandate ends Saturday.
The Consulate was not alone in that decision as many local governments and businesses said they will continue their requirements to wear masks.
A news release said facemasks will be required for all personnel who work at the Consulate, as well as visitors who have business in the Consulate facilities.
“This decision is made in accordance with state law HB294, which maintains the obligation of facemasks for meetings of more than 50 people and allows offices and businesses to maintain said requirement,” the release said.
The Consulate invited Utahns to keep practicing recommended measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including social distancing, masks, good hygiene, and getting vaccinated when eligible.
Have you or a family member been affected by coronavirus issues in Utah? KSL wants to hear from you. Contact KSL by emailing email@example.com.
The latest COVID-19 stories from KSL can be found here.
How do I prevent it?
The CDC has some simple recommendations, most of which are the same for preventing other respiratory illnesses or the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)