12 Hospitalized After Saratoga Springs Carbon Monoxide Leak
Apr 6, 2021, 9:21 PM | Updated: Jul 11, 2023, 11:58 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — Twelve construction workers were hospitalized after carbon monoxide leaked at the site they were working at in Saratoga Springs.
The incident happened at an office building in the area of Pioneer Crossing and Redwood Road around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Deputy Fire Chief Kenny Johnson with Saratoga Springs Fire & Rescue said fire crews responded to the scene after workers reported feeling ill.
Upon arrival, firefighters determined the building had been flooded with carbon monoxide from some of the equipment that was running inside the building.
Nine people were transported to the local hospital with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, said Johnson, while three went by private vehicle.
He said they were all in fair condition at the time of transport.
The Lehi Fire Department and Unified Fire Authority assisted.
Johnson said crews stayed on scene for approximately three hours to ventilate the building.