Third Utah Man Charged In U.S. Capitol Insurrection
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Prosecutors filed federal charges against a St. George man who they said took part in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.
FBI officials said they identified Brady Knowlton in several photos and videos that showed him on the Capitol steps, inside the Capitol Lobby and the Senate Chambers.
Federal court documents said there was probable cause to charge Knowlton with knowingly entering a restricted building or grounds without authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, and obstruction of justice and or Congress.
He appeared in Salt Lake City Federal Court Wednesday afternoon.
Knowlton was first identified after FBI special agents interviewed a man who was with him at the riot. They knew each other “for many years,” according to the document.
The documents also said a search warrant revealed cell phone data that showed Knowlton had been in and around the Capitol building on Jan. 6.
Knowlton was the third Utahn charged in the deadly Capitol breach. Former Salt Lake City police officer Michael Lee Hardin, 50, of Kaysville was previously taken into custody. John Sullivan, 26, of Sandy, was arrested in January.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)