LORI VALLOW & CHAD DAYBELL
Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell Trial Delayed
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Idaho judge presiding over the Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell trial put the trial on hold during an online hearing Wednesday afternoon.
Vallow and Daybell are charged with two counts each of conspiracy to conceal, alter, or destroy evidence in connection with the death of Vallow’s children Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow. Each count carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.
The children’s bodies were found last June buried on Daybell’s Idaho property.
Neither Vallow nor Daybell was present at Wednesday’s status hearing in Idaho.
Attorneys for the defense requested more time to prepare for the trial which was scheduled for July 12.
“Judge I think there are a couple of matters that need to be heard prior to that time – a (change of) venue motion as well, I anticipate, I don’t think it’s a surprise to anyone that a severance motion will be coming down the line as well,” said John Prior, attorney for Daybell.
A motion to sever would mean separate trials for the defendants.
#Daybell/#Vallow hearing today- Status Conference scheduled for #LoriVallowDaybell & #ChadDaybell at 1:30 p.m. @KSL5TV @ericgrossarth of @EastIDNews tells me they will likely go to a break out session like we saw last time and then return briefly. pic.twitter.com/IyaMy3QDmE
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) April 7, 2021
District Judge Steven Boyce did not set a new trial date. The trial will likely get pushed into the fall or later. Judge Boyce did set a motion hearing for June 9.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)