Crews Respond To Provo House Fire Saturday Morning
PROVO, Utah – Firefighters from Provo, Orem and Springville were called to a house fire that significantly damaged a garage Saturday morning.
Captain Sam Armstrong with Provo Fire & Rescue said they received the call at 6 a.m. and flames were visible from one of their fire stations.
Fire on the mountain in Provo this morning above Sherwood Hills. pic.twitter.com/dUCDvPJT2F
— Dave McCann (@DaveMcCannKSL) April 10, 2021
Provo police Officer Semo arrived on scene before firefighters and told KSL NewsRadio the fire quickly spread to a tree on the Mile High Drive property, but it was brought under control before it could spread to the mountainside and become a real problem.
The flames had burned through the roof of the home before fire crews arrived.
Firefighters entered through the home’s basement and were able to contain the most significant damage to the garage.
Armstrong said no one was home at the time the fire started.
No damage estimate was given and the fire is under investigation.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)