Task Force Arrests Four After Heber City Clandestine Lab Bust
HEBER CITY, Utah – Officials with the Heber City Police Department said four people were arrested on various charges after a clandestine lab was discovered inside a home.
Members of the Wasatch Back Major Crimes Task Force received information that there was a possible lab inside the Wasatch County home, and they proceeded to perform a “knock and talk” that led to a search warrant of the residence Friday.
During the search, police reached out to the Drug Enforcement Administration “due to the large scale of the lab and the chemicals found.”
DEA agents responded to the residence and helped decontaminate and disassemble the lab.
“Officers took necessary precautions to ensure that the citizens of Heber were safe and not in danger,” authorities said in a statement.
Police said Charles Dominick Bonsavage was arrested and booked into the Wasatch County Jail on a first-degree felony charge of possession of clandestine lab equipment and supplies.
While the search warrant was being executed, police said a man who was identified as Izzak Anthony Martinez was located.
“Over the course of the investigation, it was found that Mr. Martinez was in possession of child pornography,” police said.
Martinez was booked into jail on a second-degree felony charge of sexual exploitation of a minor.
Early in the investigation, a vehicle arrived at the home. Police said the female driver, identified as Kandis Kathleen Hushaw, was under the influence of a controlled substance and was booked into the Wasatch County Jail on charges of ,
A male passenger, identified as Dustin Joseph Christensen, was taken into custody and booked into jail on suspicion of sex offense-failure to register — a third-degree felony.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)