37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School
DRAPER, Utah — Draper Police arrested 37 juveniles who were trespassing at Corner Canyon High School after hours, which officers said has been a “persistent issue.”
The arrests were made during an undercover operation last weekend.
Draper City Police said trespassing and other violations have been a problem at the school late in the evenings.
“Minors congregating on school property late in the evenings have been involved in violations including reckless driving (with injury), arson, discharge of an explosive device, fights, underage drinking, and loud music,” read a Facebook post from Draper Police.
Police said they were concerned about the safety of youth involved and in preserving peace for nearby residents.
Because of that, officers were assigned to regularly patrol the area.
“We have also been working with the school district, and plans are in place to install gates at the school to try to limit access,” continued the post.
The Canyons school district spokesman urged parents to talk to teens about not gathering at the school.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 34915)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 24405)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 11463)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8961)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 7037)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4182)