SWAT, Police Respond To Provo Domestic Violence Incident
PROVO, Utah — Police officers and a SWAT team were called out to a home in Utah County after officials said a man threatened a woman and child with a gun following a physical altercation.
Det. Paul Shade with the Provo Police Department said a mother and her child were trying to leave Sunday afternoon when a physical altercation broke out with a man inside the home.
Shade said their exact relationship is unknown, but “it sounds like they have at least one child in common.”
The woman and child sustained minor injuries during the altercation, according to Shade.
During the fight, the man allegedly made a verbal threat to the woman about a firearm, although one was not present.
Shade said the mother and child were able to make it out safely after police arrived, but the man barricaded himself inside the home.
SWAT was then called out to try and resolve the situation.
“It sounds like they’ve been able to communicate with him to some extent,” said Shade.
A shelter-in place order was sent to residents within a 1/4-mile radius of the home, which police said is located near 2830 West and Center Street.
As of 10 p.m., SWAT had left the area.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)