Parts Of Northern Utah Prepare For Winds Up To 75 MPH
NORTH OGDEN, Utah – With a high wind warning in effect for the Northern Wasatch Front, emergency managers warned residents in Box Elder and Cache counties to prepare for gusts the could get up to 75 miles per hour overnight into Tuesday morning.
In Davis County, the Utah Highway Patrol issued a travel restriction at 5 p.m. Tuesday that warned drivers in high profile vehicles to avoid the area.
Lighter gusts blew over garbage cans and littered Davis and Weber Counties earlier in the day with broken branches and trees.
We fully expect to work with our @UDOTRegionOne partners in issuing a high profile vehicle restriction in Davis County as the winds are trending faster. Starting now, if you plan on transiting Davis County with a high profile vehicle please begin making plans to avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/3f6AnCkm0o
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) April 13, 2021
A couple of unusual sights also caught the attention of some residents in North Ogden.
A large spotted pig wandered in front of Debbie Edward’s home. The pig was seen on the family’s doorbell camera.
Edward said when her husband went out to pick up their garbage, the pig approached him.
Not a lot of storm damage out there today, but there were a couple of reports of escaped livestock in North Ogden, including this little piggy, spotted by Debbie Edward. The wind is expected to get worse overnight, especially in Box Elder and Cache Counties. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/h5UAv3BWYO
— Mike Anderson (@mikeandersonKSL) April 13, 2021
North Ogden police also handled a call for a calf that escaped after the wind blew down a fence.
It walked a few blocks and Gayle Harris saw it grazing in her neighbor’s yard.
“So I came out and asked the policeman that was leaning against his car, I said, ‘Is my neighbor ok? Is she alright?’ and he says, ‘Oh yeah. She just has a cow in her backyard.’”
The calf was taken home. No word on what happened to the pig.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)