Utah Reports 456 New COVID-19 Cases, 1 Death & 40.5K Vaccines
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Health on Thursday said 456 more Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19 and one more resident has died due to the virus.
An additional 40,578 vaccines have been administered, bringing the state’s total to more than 1.8 million, and there were 146 people hospitalized with the virus.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reports 2,470,828 people have been tested — 7,124 more than Wednesday. Of those, 391,633 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19, which is an increase of 456 new cases.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests dropped to 390 — down from 394 on Wednesday.
The rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” dropped to 7.4% while the rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” dropped slightly t0 3.7%.
The state has administered 1,808,824 vaccines in total, which is an increase of 40,578 over Wednesday’s numbers. As of Thursday, over 1.1 million Utahns have received at least one dose of a vaccine while over 715,000 Utahns have been fully vaccinated.
There have been over 2 million vaccines delivered to Utah.
Currently, 146 people are hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 57 of those people are in intensive care units.
Utah’s ICUs were 74.5% full and the ICU beds in Utah’s referral centers were 77.3% full Thursday.
“At about 69% overall ICU utilization, ICUs in Utah’s major hospitals with the ability to provide best care for COVID-19 patients begin to reach staffing capacity,” UDOH officials said. “Seventy-two percent use among all hospitals and 77% in referral center hospitals creates major strains on the health care system. When 85% capacity is reached, Utah will be functionally out of staffed ICU beds, indicating an overwhelmed hospital system.”
One more Utahns has lost her life due to COVID-19. To date, the virus has killed 2,162 of the state’s residents.
The following death was reported Thursday:
- Female, between 45-64, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)