National Park Week Begins With Fee Free Day
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Only three states have more national parks than Utah, and outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy the Beehive State’s “Mighty 5” and other national monuments for free this Saturday.
This weekend kicks off National Park Week, with themed days through April 25.
Saturday is “Park Rx” Day, and entrance fees will be waived at National Park Service locations nationwide.
Volunteer Sunday follows and Military Monday is a great time to remind those who serve that they and their families are entitled to free annual passes.
National Park Week (#NationalParkWeek)
- April 17: Park Rx Day (#ParkRx, #HealthyParksHealthyPeople)
- April 18: Volunteer Sunday (#NPSVolunteer)
- April 19: Military Monday (#MilitaryMonday)
- April 20: Transformation Tuesday (#TransformationTuesday, #NPSOnTheMove)
- April 21: Wayback Wednesday (#WaybackWednesday)
- April 22: Earth Day (#EarthDay)
- Friday, April 23: Friendship Friday (#FriendshipFriday, #NPSFriends)
- Saturday, April 24: National Junior Ranger Day (#JuniorRangerDay)
- Sunday, April 25: BARK Ranger Day (#BARKRanger)
The National Park Service has also released a new app ahead of next week.
The new NPS App is here! Download the app to get started on your next national park adventure. The NPS App connects visitors to all 420+ national parks from one single app, including Zion.
To learn more, and to download the app, visit: https://t.co/aqQHjBmVfF pic.twitter.com/qGmVKBOarr
— Zion National Park (@ZionNPS) April 16, 2021
The app is incredibly helpful when you’re looking to explore your own neck of the woods — lists of parks pop up with maps and information at your fingertips.
Users can use their location to tailor their search, but they can also just swipe across the country to find parks and NPS locations.
So consider the “Mighty 5,” but don’t forget about Dinosaur, Rainbow Bridge and Natural Bridges national monuments, along with Golden Spike National Historical Park — they’re free Saturday as well, which saves anywhere from $20 to $35 a car or $10-$20 per person if you walk in.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)