SLC Police Respond To Barricaded Subject
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officers with the Salt Lake City Police Department asked the public to avoid the area near 1300 West and Glenrose Drive while they responded to a barricaded person.
Detective Michael Ruff said police worked to get the man out of the house Friday afternoon.
The suspect barricaded himself at a residence located at 1145 South Navajo Street, according to Ruff.
Officers are dealing with a barricaded subject in a residence near 1300 W. Glenrose Dr. Please avoid the area. A PIO is available for media at 1300 W Illinois Ave. pic.twitter.com/dF9alxfKJS
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) April 16, 2021
Police said the suspect was safely taken into custody around 2:40 p.m.
The man’s name has not been released.
Additional details about the incident were not immediately available.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)