Man Found Dead After 4-Wheeler Went Off Steep Embankment
CEDAR VALLEY, Utah — A man was found dead in the Five Mile Pass area after police say he went over a steep embankment on his 4-wheeler and fell approximately 30 feet.
Sheriff Paul Wimmer with the Tooele County Sheriff’s Office said the man went out with his 4-wheeler Saturday night, but never returned.
A Department of Public Safety helicopter was then sent out to search around 1 a.m. Sunday.
They weren’t able to locate him, so officials resumed the search in daylight.
Wimmer said they eventually found the man, but he had gone over a steep embankment, fell approximately 30 feet and sustained fatal injuries.
The cause of the crash was under investigation, but officials believe the man may have made a wrong turn in the dark and had no clue he was near a cliff. They also said it appears the 4-wheeler may have landed on him at the bottom of the dropoff.
The victim was later identified as 35-year-old Marcus Ayudan.
Wimmer said he had been camping in the area with family members.
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 8369)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4524)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4477)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 4471)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 4073)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3888)
- Jurassic Quest Brings Life-Size Dino Exhibit To Utah (pageviews: 2812)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2468)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 2233)