Clearfield Repair Shop Owner Hopes Someone Can Identify Burglar
CLEARFIELD, Utah — A repair shop owner in Clearfield hoped someone would be able to identify a suspected burglar who he said stole thousands of dollars in tools and took a high-end truck for a joyride.
Owner Paul McClure said surveillance cameras captured the thief casing the lot of JP’s Car Care and Interstate Diesel Performance, located on 1352 East and 700 South, around 3 a.m. Saturday.
After appearing to test the doors into the business, McClure said the burglar broke a window in back to steal bags of keys to vehicles and as much as $20,000 in tools and electronics.
He then was captured on video using one of the keys to steal a black pickup that was parked out front.
“All of us combined probably have over 300 hours into this truck alone,” McClure said. “I wept like I haven’t in a long time.”
McClure said the truck was located Sunday in South Salt Lake and appeared to have sustained damage to the engine and other parts.
“The thing was definitely mistreated,” McClure said.
In the surveillance video, the burglar appeared to have long dark hair and was wearing white sneakers, dark colored plants and a gray, long-sleeved hoodie with a white hood.
McClure said his workers will now embark on further repairs to the damaged truck while working to secure the other vehicles on the lot.
He hoped insurance would help to cover some of the costs.
“When you dump everything that you have into a business and it comes down to being stripped from you overnight, it hurts pretty bad,” McClure said.
McClure hoped anybody with information in the case would contact Clearfield Police Department at 801-525-2806.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 23876)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 19018)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6272)
- Layton family cherishes every moment after 7-year-old daughter is given months to live (pageviews: 4249)
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways (pageviews: 4145)
- Four more arrests made in death of 16-year-old near Lindon trailhead (pageviews: 3964)