State Epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn To Head Salt Lake County Health Department
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – State epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn is leaving the Utah Department of Health and will become the executive director of the Salt Lake County Health Department.
County officials made the announcement Tuesday afternoon. Dunn will replace current director Gary Edwards, who is retiring in July.
“We are thrilled to welcome Dr. Dunn to Salt Lake County in this critical role at this historic time,” Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson said. “Dr. Dunn is a household name due to her strength and expertise demonstrated at the state during COVID, but she is equally knowledgeable and committed to all aspects of public health. Dr. Dunn has a broad range of clinical, public health and epidemiologic experience that will ensure the department continues to be a leader among local health departments nationwide. She will be an amazing addition to our county team.”
Dunn joined UDOH in 2014 on assignment from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as an epidemic intelligence service officer and has served as state epidemiologist since 2018.
“I’m excited to join one of the nation’s most respected local health departments,” Dunn said. “I’m honored to serve the people who live and work in Salt Lake County, which is also my home, and I’m looking forward to working alongside the amazing public health professionals in Salt Lake County.”
She will begin work at her new position on June 1.
Dr. Dunn has our most heartfelt thanks and respect. Best of luck to you! https://t.co/dl3yYYQQmE
— State of Utah COVID-19 Response (@UtahCoronavirus) April 20, 2021
“It’s hard to overstate the truly life-saving contributions Dr. Dunn has made to Utah’s COVID-19 response,” UDOH officials said in a statement. “Whether it was her steady voice at the press briefing podium or her capable leadership at the table where decisions are made, Dr. Dunn was always a champion for the health and wellbeing of Utah residents.
“While we are sad to see her go, we look forward to continuing to work with Dr. Dunn in her new role. The residents of Salt Lake County are fortunate to have her.
“The state of Utah, the Utah Department of Health and all Utah residents owe Dr. Dunn and her family a debt of gratitude for her service over the past 15 months.”
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon (pageviews: 23901)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 18455)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6648)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 6429)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 5898)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4246)
- Woman Billed $2500 Repair Bill For Cracked Utility Box (pageviews: 3978)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 3845)
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3548)