Location, Rendering Revealed For Helena Montana Temple
HELENA, Mont. – The location and rendering of the Helena Montana Temple have been released by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, just weeks after it was first announced.
The announcement of the temple was made by President Russell M. Nelson just three weeks earlier during General Conference on Sunday, April 4. The temple will be built on a 4.8-acre site located at 1260 Otter Road, according to a release from Church officials.
“Plans call for a single-story temple of approximately 10,000 square feet with a center spire. The temple will share the site with a new meetinghouse. Detailed design plans for the temple are still being developed,” according to the release.
This will be the second temple in Montana. The Billings Montana Temple was dedicated on November 20, 1999. There are more than 50,000 Latter-day Saints in Montana with approximately 125 congregations.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)