American Fork K-9 Officer Receives Body Armor From Nonprofit
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Apollo, a K-9 officer with the American Fork Police Department, received some new equipment thanks to nonprofit Vested Interest in K9s.
Apollo’s custom-fitted bullet- and stab-resistance vest was embroidered with the phrase, “Honoring those who served and sacrificed” and arrived this week.
Vested Interest in K9s was established in 2009 with a mission “to provide bullet and stab-protective vests and other assistance to dogs of law enforcement and related agencies throughout the country.”
The nonprofit has donated more than 4,247 ballistic vests to K-9 officers across the country.
The program is open to U.S. dogs that are at least 20 months old and actively employed and certified with law enforcement or related agencies.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 23876)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 19018)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6272)
- Layton family cherishes every moment after 7-year-old daughter is given months to live (pageviews: 4249)
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways (pageviews: 4145)
- Four more arrests made in death of 16-year-old near Lindon trailhead (pageviews: 3964)