Suspect Arrested After Man Shot, Killed In Murray
MURRAY, Utah — A suspect in the Murray shooting that left one person dead has been arrested, according to police.
The incident occurred in the parking lot of an abandoned used auto shop on the south side of 4500 South and Main Street around 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials with the Murray Police Department said the victim was declared dead shortly after officers arrived on scene, but the suspect had already left the area.
The victim was later identified as 39-year-old Darnell Brown.
Murray Police say call came in at 1 pm. Suspect left before they got here. Victim declared dead shortly after PD arrived. Police say they are talking to potential witnesses. No suspect info., police think this is isolated event. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/sIzCNwGIcM
— Garna Mejia (@GarnaMejiaKSL) April 21, 2021
One block on Main Street, south of 4500 South was temporarily closed.
Police said an investigation has been opened and that they are talking to potential witnesses.
It does appear that it was an isolated incident,” said Officer Taylor Blauer with the Murray Police Department. “The only thing we ask is that if anybody in the public has any information on what occurred today that they reach out to us so that we can talk with them and get some things figured out.”
Just after 7:15 p.m., Murray Police issued a press release saying detectives had arrested a suspect.
“A search warrant was served at a Midvale home where the suspect was taken into custody without incident,” read the statement.
Additional information about the shooting, including the identity of the suspect, was not immediately available.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)