Man Dies In Rollover Crash Following Police Chase In Hurricane
HURRICANE, Utah — An early morning police chase in Hurricane ended in a deadly rollover, authorities said.
The incident began around 3:27 a.m. Wednesday when an officer attempted to stop a vehicle without a license plate.
Officials with the Hurricane City Police Department said the driver sped off, heading northbound on State Route 9 at approximately 90 miles per hour.
About five minutes after the pursuit began, the driver rolled the vehicle and was ejected.
Officers performed CPR on the male driver, but he was later pronounced dead at the scene.
When officers approached the vehicle, they found a female passenger still inside. She was transported to the hospital.
Officials said the vehicle was later found to be stolen from Salt Lake City.
The incident was under investigation by the Utah Highway Patrol.
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13500)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 8905)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8598)
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 7665)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 6396)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 4997)