Utah Reports 472 New COVID-19 Cases & One Death
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Health on Thursday said 472 more Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19 and one more resident has lost her life due to the virus.
An additional 34,402 vaccines have been administered, bringing the state’s total to more than 1.98 million, and there were 137 people hospitalized with the virus.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reports 2,512,546 people have been tested — 6,650 more than Wednesday. Of those, 394,334 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19, which is an increase of 472 new cases.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests was 386 — up from 384 on Wednesday but down from 390 at this time last week.
The rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” dropped to 6% while the rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” dropped to 2.96%.
The state has administered 1,985,296 vaccines in total, which is an increase of 34,472 over Wednesday’s numbers. As of Thursday, 1,202,333 Utahns had received at least one dose of a vaccine and 799,291 Utahns had been fully vaccinated.
Over 2.16 million vaccines have been delivered to Utah.
Currently, 137 people are hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 57 of those people were in intensive care units.
Utah’s ICUs were 59% full and the ICU beds in Utah’s referral centers were 63.4% full Thursday.
“At about 69% overall ICU utilization, ICUs in Utah’s major hospitals with the ability to provide best care for COVID-19 patients begin to reach staffing capacity,” UDOH officials said. “Seventy-two percent use among all hospitals and 77% in referral center hospitals creates major strains on the health care system. When 85% capacity is reached, Utah will be functionally out of staffed ICU beds, indicating an overwhelmed hospital system.”
One more Utahn has died due to COVID-19. To date, the virus has killed 2,178 of the state’s residents.
The following death was reported Thursday:
- Female between 45-64, Summit County resident, hospitalized
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 8369)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4524)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4477)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 4471)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 4073)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3888)
- Jurassic Quest Brings Life-Size Dino Exhibit To Utah (pageviews: 2812)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2468)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 2233)