Candlelight Vigil Held In SLC For Survivors Of Military Sexual Trauma
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A small vigil was held in Salt Lake City to honor survivors of sexual trauma within the military.
A total of 22 candles were placed at Liberty Park Saturday night to honor the 22 veterans who die by suicide each day.
Paul Lloyd, a survivor himself, held the rally to help others who have experienced similar trauma.
“If I can save at least one survivor, I’ve done my job,” he said. “If I can pick off one of the candles from this memorial next year, that is my goal.”
Lloyd said sexual assault was a serious issue in the military and needs to be addressed.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)