Under 250 New COVID Cases, One Death Reported
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Health on Monday said 246 more Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19 and one more resident has lost his life due to the virus.
An additional 14,019 vaccines have been administered, bringing the state’s total to more than 2.05 million, and there were 146 people hospitalized with the virus.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reports 2,533,517 people have been tested — 3,026 more than Sunday. Of those, 395,677 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19 — an increase of 246 new cases.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests was 389 — up from 383 on Sunday.
The rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” was 6.1% while the rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” was 3%.
The state has administered 2,053,317 vaccines in total, which is an increase of 14,019 over Sunday’s numbers. As of Monday, over 1.25 million Utahns had received at least one dose of a vaccine and over 870,000 Utahns had been fully vaccinated.
Over 2.34 million vaccines have been delivered to Utah.
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) April 26, 2021
Currently, 146 people are hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 61 of those people were in intensive care units.
Utah’s ICUs were 66.7% full and the ICU beds in Utah’s referral centers were 69.8% full Monday.
“At about 69% overall ICU utilization, ICUs in Utah’s major hospitals with the ability to provide best care for COVID-19 patients begin to reach staffing capacity,” UDOH officials said. “Seventy-two percent use among all hospitals and 77% in referral center hospitals creates major strains on the health care system. When 85% capacity is reached, Utah will be functionally out of staffed ICU beds, indicating an overwhelmed hospital system.”
One more Utahn has died due to COVID-19. To date, the virus has killed 2,183 of the state’s residents.
The following death was reported Monday:
- Male, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)