‘Every Kid Healthy Week’ Offers Tools To Help Parents Encourage Healthier Eating Habits
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Parents everywhere have long wondered how they can get their children to eat healthier when it’s tough enough with busy schedules to even eat healthy themselves.
This week is the time to think about some new ideas for what’s known as Every Kid Healthy Week.
It’s a pretty simple premise – if you visit ActionForHealthyKids.org, you’ll see it’s a site filled with information about this week’s designated days to focus on children’s health and good habits.
If you scroll down you can click on the links that share activities you can do as a family.
The week started with “Mindful Monday” followed by “Tasty Tuesday.”
The website has ideas for teachers in the school section and parents in the home section, including setting up a taste test. This is a way to prepare foods your children will eat and let them rank the food in a fun way.
Up next is “Wellness Wednesday” with a focus on movement and expression providing a way to talk about feelings.
“Thoughtful Thursday” — a day to nurture social relationships.
The week ends with “Fitness Friday,” which puts the focus on getting rid of those screens for a while and getting outside.
And while Every Kid Healthy Week is a great time to bring some of these subjects up, if you miss this week, there are still great ideas on the site regardless of the date on the calendar.
Check out ActionForHealthyKids.org.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)