AMBER Alert For Missing SLC Boy Canceled
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department say an AMBER Alert that was issued early Wednesday morning has been canceled and the suspect and child have been located.
Police issued the alert for 6-year-old Tru Nakhawit, who was last seen at 1259 West Iola Avenue late Tuesday night.
The suspect was identified as Julian Ulibarri and SLC police told KSL that Ulibarri is Nakhawit’s father.
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) April 28, 2021
Ulibarri had a warrant for his arrest and was going to lose custody of the child. Officers said Ulibarri found out about the arrest along with a search warrant before authorities arrived.
DCFS crews said there were “dangerous conditions for the child” and asked for SLCPD’s help around 8 p.m. Tuesday night.
Ulibarri was in a gold ’97 Toyota Camry that was located around 5:20 a.m. Wednesday in South Salt Lake. However, Ulibarri and Nakhawit were not located.
Police said two others were in the Camry and Ulibarri swapped vehicles before police found them. The other two individuals were working with police.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) April 28, 2021
Authorities said Ulibarri was taken into custody before 7 a.m. Wednesday.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)