Utah Reports 518 New COVID Cases, 4 Deaths; Over 900K Fully Vaccinated
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Health on Wednesday said 518 more Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19 and four more residents have lost their lives due to the virus.
An additional 24,712 vaccines have been administered, bringing the state’s total to more than 2.09 million, and there were 141 people hospitalized with the virus.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reports 2,545,363 people have been tested — 7,116 more than Tuesday. Of those, 396,522 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19 — an increase of 518 new cases.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests was 380 — down from 391 on Tuesday.
The rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” rose for the second consecutive day to 6.4% while the rolling seven-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” rose to 3.4%.
The state has administered 2,097,937 vaccines in total, which is an increase of 24,712 over Tuesday’s numbers. As of Wednesday, over 1.27 million Utahns had received at least one dose of a vaccine and over 905,000 Utahns had been fully vaccinated.
Over 2.44 million vaccines have been delivered to Utah.
Currently, 141 people are hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 59 of those people were in intensive care units.
Utah’s ICUs were 71.5% full and the ICU beds in Utah’s referral centers were 75.1% full Wednesday.
“At about 69% overall ICU utilization, ICUs in Utah’s major hospitals with the ability to provide best care for COVID-19 patients begin to reach staffing capacity,” UDOH officials said. “Seventy-two percent use among all hospitals and 77% in referral center hospitals creates major strains on the health care system. When 85% capacity is reached, Utah will be functionally out of staffed ICU beds, indicating an overwhelmed hospital system.”
Four more Utahns have died due to COVID-19. To date, the virus has killed 2,190 of the state’s residents.
The following deaths were reported Wednesday:
- Male, between 65-84, Utah County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 65-84, Utah County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, between 45-64, Weber County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 65-84, Davis County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)