400 South Closed In SLC Following Crash That Injured Two
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Two people were injured — one seriously — in a crash off the Interstate 15 exit at 400 South.
Salt Lake City police said a van was exiting the freeway Thursday morning when it traveled through the intersection at the bottom of the offramp and crashed into a concrete barrier and hit the side of a box truck on 400 South.
The driver of the box truck was taken to an area hospital with minor injuries while the van’s driver was seriously injured.
Police closed 400 South will be closed for hours while they investigate; eastbound lanes are closed at 900 West and westbound lanes are closed at 500 West.
400 S. is closed to Westbound traffic at 500 West and to Eastbound traffic at 900 West due to a traffic accident. Drivers using I-15 should exit at 600 S. or 600 North. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/fKoi4hsaQi
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) April 29, 2021
Police encouraged I-15 drivers to exit at 600 South or 600 North and avoid the carpool exit at 400 South.
No cause for the crash has been given.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)