Closures Scheduled For Bangerter Highway Construction
DRAPER, Utah – More changes are coming to Bangerter Highway as the construction projects continue. Closures will begin on Sunday.
It’s a road that sees tens thousands of cars daily, but in two days people will need to find a new way around 104oo South at Bangerter.
“Ugh it’s just inconvenient,” said Carly, a driver that uses Bangerter. “It’s a pain!”
Construction season is upon us and if you drive Bangerter Highway, you’re used to it.
10400 South will close over Bangerter Highways, similar to the closure of 12600 South
One detour can be found through River Heights Drive over to 11400 South.
“It is just dangerous and super tight. Hard to drive!” Carly said.
For someone like Carly that who lives in the area, she hopes crews can pick up the pace and finish this project early.
“The end result will be awesome. There will be less lights and stuff but the process getting there has been rough,” she said.
They’re scheduled to reopen in the fall after work on the ramps and fences are complete. This is part of the larger project of expanding Bangerter for the growth in the western part of the valley.
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 36713)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 15198)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 14120)
- Springville High softball team honors teen shot in murder-suicide scenario (pageviews: 10444)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 8343)
- 911 dispatcher who asked 'Why are you whispering?' during Buffalo shooting, to be fired (pageviews: 8162)
- Woman found dead after apparent drowning in Ogden Canyon (pageviews: 7270)