Things To Buy/Skip In The Month Of May
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Memorial Day weekend ushers in the unofficial start of summertime and May ushers in some great sales, so let’s take a look at what to buy and skip as we start thinking about vacations, beaches and sunshine.
If you’re looking for any major appliances or furniture or, yes, mattresses, May is your month.
You could find some sales soon. Otherwise, look to mid-May and Memorial Day for the biggest discounts.
Also, small kitchen appliances or sofas — those could be on sale too, so check the department stores.
There are all kinds of clothing sales this month, so check places like Kohl’s and Old Navy and others to see what you can snag for less.
You’ve also got a couple of bonuses this month.
First, Tuesday is May 4, which has become known as “Star Wars Day” in recent years — Lego and other toy brands might have some specials, so “May the Fourth” be with you on your quest for deals.
And remember, Tax Day is coming up on May 17, so KSL’s Dan Spindle will have some special discounts in a couple of weeks to celebrate the fact that Uncle Sam wants your money.
What should you skip this month?
Just a couple of things.
Home electronics, soundbars and TVs will not go on sale until Black Friday, so try to avoid the upgrade until you can take advantage of some great deals.
And swimwear is not on sale for obvious reasons — it’s about to be in season so hold off until late summer.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19689)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7534)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 4062)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3960)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3749)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3586)