Sarah Frei Gives Emotional Interview About Losing Legs In Crash
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Project Recovery podcast host Casey Scott sat down with Sarah Frei, the young woman who lost both of her legs in a crash caused by a drunk driver.
Their stories couldn’t be any different, but their goal is the same – to shed a light on the life-changing impacts of addiction.
Their conversation was at times intense.
It was an emotional interview between a young woman who’s life was permanently changed when someone got behind the wheel while impaired – and Scott, who was once himself under the influence and caused a wreck.
From the moment they met to the moment they went on air, the conversation was effortless.
A new episode of Project Recovery with @caseyscotttv out today sheds light on the impacts of addiction, sharing perspectives from both sides. At 10:00 on @KSL5TV, hear how Sarah and Casey are using their pain from separate crashes to inspire. pic.twitter.com/KLz3c8Qba7
— Ashley Moser (@AshleyMoser) May 5, 2021
Frei shared her story of the day that changed her life.
“When he hit us head-on, I was instantly paralyzed from the waist down,” she said.
Scott talked about the impact her story on him.
“I hear you telling that story, and my situation could have ended up like that,” he said.
The two bonded over their separate experiences. Frei shared that she wished her drunk driver would have been someone like Scott.
“Because it would be a lot easier to forgive if my driver, you know, said sorry,” Frei said.
“You shouldn’t be in that chair. You shouldn’t, and the fact that you are turning something so tragic into something so amazing makes me love you so much more,” Scott said.
Both have been using their experience and pain to inspire others to seek help.
“I find so much joy in the progression that I see in myself,” Frei said.
“I know where I want to be – an alcohol is not it, and the fact that (the wreck) happened forces me to be a better person,” Scott said.
The full interview dropped Tuesday. Past episodes of Project Recovery with Casey Scott and Dr. Matt Woolley can be found on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify and Stitcher.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)