Utah Preparing To Celebrate National Train Day
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – It seems like every kid loves trains and every adult turns into a kid when you hear the chugging down the tracks and the unmistakable sound of the train whistle.
Utah has a long history with locomotives, so there’s a lot to get your engines fired up for ahead of National Train Day on Saturday.
Ogden’s Union Station is always a fantastic place to get up close and personal with some incredible real-life titans of the tracks and some of the realistic miniature versions, too.
It’s such a beautiful setting in Weber County — something the whole family will enjoy. Get your tickets at OgdenCity.com.
And how about the Heber Valley Historic Railroad, which has the Soldier Hollow Express all month long — until the Provo Canyon Limited and Deer Creek Express get going.
But Friday night, it’s all about Cinco de Mayo – although it’s already May 7 — celebrate with a mariachi band and great food on the train at 7 p.m. Tickets are available on HeberValleyRR.org.
And the most iconic railroad setting in the entire state has to be Golden Spike National Historical Park, where two years ago Utah welcomed the world to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the meeting of East and West with the transcontinental railroad.
This year, it’s the 152nd anniversary of the driving in of the golden spike, connecting the country by rail, and you can be a part of this weekend’s festivities — but you’ve got to have a ticket.
Go to recreation.gov — the cost is $20 per vehicle, so a bargain to see the beautifully restored Jupiter and No. 119 replica locomotives.
The reenactments run through the weekend into Monday.
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 6277)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 5495)
- Locations For Smithfield, Two Other Temples Announced (pageviews: 4697)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 4008)
- Teen Drowns During Water Polo Practice (pageviews: 3161)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 3089)
- Friends, Family Remember Two High School Graduates Who Died In Fiery Crash – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2692)
- Firefighters Close US Highway 6 Due To Bear Fire; Reopenings Possible Throughout Day – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2118)
- Disneyland Resort Dropping Out-Of-State Restrictions Next Week (pageviews: 2078)