Several Animals Killed In Rush Valley Barn Fire
RUSH VALLEY, Utah — More than a dozen animals were killed in a barn fire in Rush Valley, fire officials said.
The incident happened at 75 W. Park Street around 7:15 p.m. Friday.
Tooele County Fire Warden Dan Walton said a heat lamp in the chicken coop was knocked over by high winds in the area, which started a fire that spread to the barn and then to a storage shed.
Members of the Rush Valley Volunteer Fire Department, Stockton Volunteer Fire Department, Tooele Army Depot, Terra Fire Department and Tooele County Fire Department responded to the scene and quickly extinguished the blaze.
Walton said all three structures were a total loss.
No humans were injured, but Walton said 10 baby chickens, 1 mother goat and her four 1-week-old billy goats were all killed in the blaze.
Only one person lived at the house on the property, but they were out of town and left the animals in the care of a friend, according to Walton. That person was not home at the time of the fire.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)