Two Men, One Child Injured In Head-On Crash In Tooele
TOOELE, Utah – Three people were hospitalized after a head-on crash in Tooele County. One of those injured was a child.
The crash happened Saturday around 4 p.m. on State Route 112 between 500 West and 600 West.
Sgt. Don Nelson with the Tooele City Police Department said a pickup truck driven by a 20-year-old male hit a westbound vehicle driven by a 33-year-old man with a 5-year-old girl.
Both the 20-year-old and 5-year-old were transported by ground to the hospital with minor injuries.
The 33-year-old was taken by medical helicopter to the hospital. Officials did not give his exact condition or the nature of his injuries, but said he was in “worse shape” than the others.
He was expected to make a full recovery.
Investigators were working to determine exactly what caused the crash. They said it was not clear which vehicle drifted out of its lane.
Nelson said all three were wearing their seatbelts. He said it was likely the “angle of impact” that hurt the 33-year-old so badly.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)