Teen Passes Away From Injuries Sustained In Warner Valley Crash
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A 14-year-old from St. George has passed away from injuries he sustained in a rollover ATV crash in Warner Valley, according to state park officials.
The crash happened in the Purple Hills area Friday night, sometime between 7 and 8 p.m.
Lt. Regan Wilson with Utah State Parks said the teen and a 38-year-old were traveling at slow speeds up a hill when they tried making a turn and rolled.
“There was no helmets, no seatbelts, as far as the initial report,” said Wilson.
The teen, who was reportedly driving the vehicle, was flown in a medical helicopter to St. George Hospital in critical condition. The 38-year-old passenger, who also sustained injuries, was taken by ambulance.
Wilson confirmed the 14-year-old passed away from his injuries Saturday.
He was later identified as Zane McQuivey.
On Monday, Zane’s family released a statement on the incident:
“Zane was a kind and happy 14-year-old boy. He was an eighth-grader at Crimson Cliffs Middle School. He will be missed greatly by his family, friends, and community. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support that we have received. We are thankful for the Donor Connect program so that Zane is able to continue to help others.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)