Car Crashes Into Riverton Home, Sparks Fire In Garage
RIVERTON, Utah — A car crashed into a Riverton home and sparked a fire in the garage, fire officials said.
The incident happened near 2560 West and 11900 South.around 7:20 p.m. Sunday
Matthew McFarland with Unified Fire Authority said the homeowners, who were inside at the time of the crash, were able to escape and call 9-1-1.
The fire was contained mostly to the garage, but McFarland said the home was deemed uninhabitable due to smoke damage.
Luckily, no civilians or firefighters were injured in the blaze.
The Red Cross offered assistance to the family, but they denied it, claiming they already had resources.
Fire crews believe a medical condition may have caused the driver to lose control, but McFarland said that can’t be confirmed since the driver, who was the sole occupant in the vehicle, was not transported to the hospital.
Officials said they don’t believe the driver lived at the home. They also don’t know if the driver and homeowners even knew each other.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)