Car Crashes Into Riverton Home, Sparks Fire In Garage
RIVERTON, Utah — A car crashed into a Riverton home and sparked a fire in the garage, fire officials said.
The incident happened near 2560 West and 11900 South.around 7:20 p.m. Sunday
Matthew McFarland with Unified Fire Authority said the homeowners, who were inside at the time of the crash, were able to escape and call 9-1-1.
The fire was contained mostly to the garage, but McFarland said the home was deemed uninhabitable due to smoke damage.
Luckily, no civilians or firefighters were injured in the blaze.
The Red Cross offered assistance to the family, but they denied it, claiming they already had resources.
Fire crews believe a medical condition may have caused the driver to lose control, but McFarland said that can’t be confirmed since the driver, who was the sole occupant in the vehicle, was not transported to the hospital.
Officials said they don’t believe the driver lived at the home. They also don’t know if the driver and homeowners even knew each other.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)