Teen Arrested In Fatal West Jordan Shooting
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A 16-year-old has been arrested after police said he killed a 19-year-old man during a drive-by shooting in West Jordan.
The incident occurred on 7800 South and Redwood Road around 10 p.m. Sunday.
Police were initially called out to the area due to a multi-car crash with injuries. When officers arrived, they found one of the vehicles had gunshots and shell casings around it.
They also found one gunshot victim, who was transported to the hospital in serious condition.
The victim was identified as Caeser Manecnche. Officials said he succumbed to his injuries Monday morning.
Deputy Chief Jeremy Robertson with the West Jordan Police Department said they were looking for a low profile, dark gray or silver/gray Chrysler 300 with tinted windows.
Police were able to locate the vehicle Monday and take the 16-year-old into custody. Details about what led them to the teen were not available.
West Jordan Police Department officials said it was a targeted act and that the 16-year-old had an ongoing feud with the victim. Police said the teen had known gang associations.
The investigation was still underway.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)