Cedar Valley High School Student Named Presidential Scholar Semifinalist
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah — An Eagle Mountain high school student has been named a U.S. Presidential Scholar semifinalist — one of the top academic awards in the nation.
Cedar Valley High School honored Nathan Ford Monday during a luncheon for graduating seniors.
To give you an idea how big of a deal this is, it would be like a high school football player winning the Max Prep All-American.
Ford’s area of specialty is all things technical.
Through school, he has won robotics, animatronics and coding state championships.
Ford said the recognition would be a great start to his career.
“It would be pretty exciting. I love engineering and I love building stuff,” he said. “I think I’ve got a shot, but we’ll see where it goes, I guess.”
Students don’t apply for the award, they’re nominated — first at the school level, then district, then state.
Ford is waiting to see if he is named one of the 160 U.S Presidential Scholars nationwide. If so, he’ll fly to D.C. and get awarded in the White House.
Recognitions like this don’t come with a scholarship, because, no surprise, students like Nathan, often already have one.
He will attend BYU in the fall.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)