Search And Rescue Teams Recover Body From Holladay Pond
HOLLADAY, Utah — Authorities have recovered a body after search and rescue teams were called out to a reported drowning in Holladay.
The incident happened Monday night on private property near 2626 East Walker Lane, according to Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department.
Cutler said a group of construction workers was working in the area and decided to take some kayaks out on the pond. One of the kayaks capsized and the man never resurfaced.
Police identified the victim as 35-year-old Melvin Danilo Castro, of Kearns, on Tuesday.
Cutler said police are looking at this as an accidental drowning right now with no ill-intent.
Members of the Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue team were called out to assist with the recovery.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)