Search And Rescue Teams Recover Body From Holladay Pond
HOLLADAY, Utah — Authorities have recovered a body after search and rescue teams were called out to a reported drowning in Holladay.
The incident happened Monday night on private property near 2626 East Walker Lane, according to Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department.
Cutler said a group of construction workers was working in the area and decided to take some kayaks out on the pond. One of the kayaks capsized and the man never resurfaced.
Police identified the victim as 35-year-old Melvin Danilo Castro, of Kearns, on Tuesday.
Cutler said police are looking at this as an accidental drowning right now with no ill-intent.
Members of the Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue team were called out to assist with the recovery.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)