Man Drowns At Pineview Reservoir In Weber County
EDEN, Utah — Officials were called to Pineview Reservoir in Weber County after reports that a 61-year-old man drowned.
Deputies said they got the call shortly after 4 p.m. Saturday.
Lt. Cortney Ryan with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office said the man was seen by witnesses playing in the water near the Port Ramp Marina, but soon after was found facedown in the water.
Officials said bystanders were able to get the man out of the water and begin life-saving efforts.
A deputy with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office also happened to be in the area at the time, so he assisted with the CPR.
Witnesses told KSL-TV that a LifeFlight helicopter was called in, but unfortunately, the man passed away.
Families like the Padillas said this was the first day back on the water and they were heartbroken by what happened.
It was their understanding that the man was paddle boarding, possibly without a life jacket. Another paddleboarder in the area — a woman — witnessed what happened and there was also a doctor nearby who helped rescue him.
The incident was under investigation.
The man’s identity has not been released.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)