Harmons Chef Debbie’s Pressure Cooker Ribs Recipe
SALT LAKE CITY — The weather is warming up and it’s the perfect time to grill and enjoy some barbecue. But if you don’t have all day to wait for everything to slow cook perfectly, a pressure cooker can work just as well.
Chef Debbie Iverson with Harmons joined us in the KSL TV Studios to show how to use a pressure cooker to make ribs.
Pressure Cooker Ribs
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 1/2 lb country-style ribs
- 8 oz chicken broth
- Hey Grill Hey Everything BBQ Sauce
In a bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, garlic and onion powder. Add ribs and coat thoroughly with rub.
Place round rack in pressure cooker pot insert. Add chicken broth and ribs. Secure lid, making sure the vent is closed. Press “High Pressure” button and set to 35 minutes.
When the cycle is complete, let naturally release for 10 minutes, then turn vent to quick release, being careful not to get burned from the steam.
Carefully remove ribs from the pressure cooker and set on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with barbecue sauce.
Broil on high until bubbly on one side, 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven, turn over, brush with barbecue sauce and broil again, 3-5 minutes.
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)