Parents Begin 15,000-Mile Tour To Honor Daughter Who Died From Rare Cancer
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Utah mother and father hit the road for a 15,000-mile trek across the country in honor of their daughter, who died from a rare form of cancer.
Dave and Linda Fleischer will spend the next six weeks visiting 15 towns named Hope raising awareness for Cholangiocarcinoma.
The Fleishers lost their 30-year-old daughter Sarah to the bile-duct disease in 2018.
The couple plans to meet with other patients and caregivers who Sarah connected with during her battle.
Dave said his daughter would have been thrilled to hear about the trip. “Oh my gosh, she would have loved it. She would have loved it because Sarah loved to do road trips. That’s something that was in our family, that wanderlust, and she would have been all over this. Not just for the journey but to visit all the people that were so important to her. And she’s with me and Linda.”
Dave is an ambassador for the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation.
He shared a quote recently that he thought was especially fitting for this trip, “The impulse to travel is one of the great symbols of hope in life.”
Their journey will end June 29 at This Is The Place Heritage Park.
You can follow the Fleisher’s journey around the country here.
- Police: 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found In Toy Chest In Room; Death Ruled Accidental (pageviews: 5778)
- Saturday Evening Sessions To Remain Part Of General Conference (pageviews: 2825)
- Boaters Say Fees Going Up, Quality Going Down At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 2460)
- 8 Killed, Several Injured In Crashes After Sandstorm Hits I-15 (pageviews: 2372)
- Cedar City Residents Cleaning Up After More Flash Flooding – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1983)
- Family Mourns Husband, Wife Killed In Sandstorm Crash On I-15 (pageviews: 1933)
- Live (pageviews: 1333)
- Delta Mistake Bumps Non-Stop Travelers To Flights With Layovers (pageviews: 1324)
- Utah Reports 843 COVID-19 Cases, 6 Additional Deaths – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1247)