Two Cockfighting Operations Busted In Utah County
UTAH COUNTY, Utah – The Utah Country Sheriff’s Office discovered two separate cockfighting operations between May 10 and 15.
Deputies executed a search warrant on a home in Geneva Road in Orem and discovered dozens of cages with roosters and chicks used for illegal cockfighting operations.
They also found razor-sharp spurs that are attached to the legs of roosters and meant to inflict serious injuries and kill the fighting animals.
Police arrested one man in connection to the ring.
The other location was at a building near 3100 South 18150 West where deputies found two fighting rings and 24 dead roosters.
A large number of cars were parked in the area.
A news release said deputies “could hear the sound of roosters crowing and people yelling and cheering. A man came out to talk to him and at the same time the Deputy saw multiple people run from the opposite side of the building.”
Deputies cited 35 people for animal cruelty and attending animal fights.
Police do not know if the two rings were connected.
The release said, “At the Utah County Sheriff’s Office we don’t come across these kinds of operations very often. So it is unusual to come across to such operations in a period of just six days.”
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)