Two Cockfighting Operations Busted In Utah County
UTAH COUNTY, Utah – The Utah Country Sheriff’s Office discovered two separate cockfighting operations between May 10 and 15.
Deputies executed a search warrant on a home in Geneva Road in Orem and discovered dozens of cages with roosters and chicks used for illegal cockfighting operations.
They also found razor-sharp spurs that are attached to the legs of roosters and meant to inflict serious injuries and kill the fighting animals.
Police arrested one man in connection to the ring.
The other location was at a building near 3100 South 18150 West where deputies found two fighting rings and 24 dead roosters.
A large number of cars were parked in the area.
A news release said deputies “could hear the sound of roosters crowing and people yelling and cheering. A man came out to talk to him and at the same time the Deputy saw multiple people run from the opposite side of the building.”
Deputies cited 35 people for animal cruelty and attending animal fights.
Police do not know if the two rings were connected.
The release said, “At the Utah County Sheriff’s Office we don’t come across these kinds of operations very often. So it is unusual to come across to such operations in a period of just six days.”
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 17109)
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 10748)
- Overdue skier found dead in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 7019)
- Once virtually extinct condor species spotted by hiker on Zion's Angels Landing hiking trail (pageviews: 6233)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6047)
- State prosecutors want teen accused in shooting near Hunter High to be tried as adult (pageviews: 5251)
- One killed in head-on Bangerter Highway crash near SR 201 (pageviews: 3906)
- Instagram - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3882)
- Florida man charged after 4 found dead at Canada-US border (pageviews: 3626)