Fallen Climber’s Body Recovered On Mount Olympus
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Crews recovered the body of a 54-year-old man on Mount Olympus after police said he fell off a 100-foot cliff and died.
Officials with the Unified Police Department confirmed the body of Jame Roache had been taken off the mountain around 4:30 p.m.
Roache slipped on snow near the base of the West Slabs and “slid a considerable distance before hitting rocks below and dropping into a narrow space between a wall of rock and deep snow which had melted away from the wall,” according to a Facebook post from the Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue.
Officials said he was getting ready to climb with a friend when he slipped.
Crews spent several hours bringing his body off the mountain, as well as helping his friend down the mountain via helicopter.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)