BYU To Offer ‘Traditional’ Fall Semester; Masks, Physical Distancing Not Required
PROVO, Utah — Brigham Young University announced masks and physical distancing will not be required this fall semester, and the vast majority of classes will be offered in-person with full-capacity classrooms.
The changes were made “due to the downward trend in COVID-19 infections and increased number of vaccinations within the campus community,” school officials said Monday.
“We anticipate the full richness of a typical fall semester filled with opportunities for academic, social and ecclesiastical gathering,” said BYU Academic Vice President Shane Reese. “We’re grateful for the resilience, creativity and fortitude of our students, faculty and staff as they’ve adapted and overcome the higher education challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. We are very much looking forward to gathering together again on campus this fall.”
It's official––fall semester 2021 will be a traditional semester with the majority of courses offered in-person with full-capacity classrooms.
Students can start building their registration carts today. https://t.co/9juHG2puTQ
— BYU (@BYU) May 24, 2021
Students can build their fall semester registration carts beginning Monday, with priority registration beginning on June 7.
Fall classes are scheduled to begin on Aug. 30.
School officials said individuals may still wear masks in any setting.
“Additionally, the university will be evaluating how virtual learning may have improved some elements of courses and curricula and hopes to incorporate the best of those changes as it prepares for a more traditional fall semester,” officials said.
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 78969)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 55145)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 49247)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 26801)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18842)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 15763)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 13889)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 11211)
- Boyfriend of missing woman breaks silence, releases statement through attorney (pageviews: 7605)